About Cedar Creek Public Hall Inc.
This community run hall is approximately 6 km north of Samford Village in the suburb of Closeburn. It particularly serves the communities of Cedar Creek, Closeburn, Mt Samson and Yugar but its supporters come from throughout the Samford and Dayboro districts.
Closeburn is part of the wider Samford valley located in South East Queensland, Australia. It is roughly 28 km north west of Brisbane. It is located in the local government area of Moreton Bay Regional Council.
Closeburn is a blend of acreage properties and small farms.
Please take some time to explore our site, and remember to check back regularly to find out what events are coming up.
Please use the main menu to the left or the menu bar at the bottom of every page to find your way around.
How to Get to Cedar Creek Public Hall, Closeburn.
The hall is located at Cnr Woods and Andrew Road, Closeburn, Queensland 4520.
Access to Closeburn from Brisbane is along Samford Road. Drive 15 minutes to Ferny Grove. The busy city is left behind. Meandering another 6 minutes through the Samford State Forest brings us to the very pretty Samford Village.
Turn right into Main Street which continues into Mt Samson Road. Another 7 minutes down Mt Samson Road through the suburb of Yugar leads to Closeburn. After crossing Cedar Creek via the Private Percy Cash Bridge, turn right (200m) into Woods Rd then left to reach the hall.
- 11 minute drive to Ferny Grove Train Station (Buses between Samford and Ferny Grove train station)
- 30 minute drive to the Brisbanes CBD
- 18 minute drive to major regional shopping centres at Aspley / Chermside via Eatons Crossing Road
- 18 minute drive via Brendale to access Gympie Road / Bruce Highway / Gateway Motorway (North and South)
- 40 minute drive to Brisbane domestic and international airports (airports also serviced by rail)